Most nitro beers are mildly carbonated. But the addition of nitrogen—an insoluble gas that forms smaller, more profuse bubbles than carbon dioxide—gives beer a smoother texture. For a long time, craft brewers tended to eschew nitrogen infusion.
Nitro Pouring Guidelines: Using a clean glass, hold it at a 45º angle under the faucet. Fill the pint 3/4 full. Pull the glass away from the faucet and allow the beer to cascade and settle. Finish filling the pint so the head of the beer rises just above the rim of the glass.
Brewers often wonder how a certain beer style does on nitro . They don’t need to anymore. With NitroBrew, they can quickly check how a particular beer does on nitro without having to brew a full batch. Bars can now serve any beer on nitro right at the point of service with the NitroBrew commercial bundle.
The Pour . When you’re ready to serve , pull the handle down all the way, fill the glass about two-thirds full and allow the beer to settle for a few seconds. Then push back on the handle and fill your glass to the top. Guinness famously claims that this should take 119.5 seconds, but your mileage may vary.
Nitrogen , however, does not stay in solution as well as CO2. A nitro beer should be drunk quickly because the nitrogen comes out of solution so rapidly that the beer will be flat less than 30 minutes. Most breweries will not put nitrogenated beer in a growler anyways.
I understand what everyone is saying but why would a nitro beer taste flat ? Because the beer is only 30% carbonated compared to a normal brew. Of the remaining 70% of the gas, much of the nitrogen escapes the beer into those many little bubbles that form that creamy head.
Nitrogen is pretty inert stuff (bags of chips are packaged in nitrogen). Nitrogen is not especially soluble in water, which is why it’s used for beer – it gives a ‘head’, but it’s not fizzy like carbon dioxide. Incidentally, the alcohol in beer is bad for you. It’s poisonous.
Cold-brewed nitro coffee tastes sweeter and has a thicker and smoother texture than regular coffee . What’s more, it’s less acidic and higher in caffeine. However, when it comes to nutritional value and health benefits , such as weight loss and extended longevity, regular and nitro coffee are a close match.
Ethan’s Perfect Nitro Pour : Aesthetics of a Guinness Start pouring with the glass at a 45-degree angle. As the glass fills, swiftly lower the glass until it’s about 4″ further away from the faucet. Once the beer reaches the top of the glass set it down. Displayed is a fully settled pint!
For starters, nitrogen doesn’t dissolve into beer as readily as carbon dioxide. This, along with the gas bubbles being tinier, is what provides nitrogen -added beers with a creamy and velvety feeling in the mouth.
In short, there are 2 methods of turning cold brew coffee into nitro coffee . The first and more affordable method is to pre-infuse the kegs with high pressure nitrogen. The second would be to use an inline infuser, which mixes the cold brew coffee and nitrogen on the fly as it is dispensed.
The way it works is actually pretty simple. When a keg is put on a draft line, bars use CO2 to push the beer out of the keg , through the line, and into your glass. Nitrogen is more insoluble in liquid, which means it doesn’t dissolve, which creates the creamy mouthfeel we all love in nitro beers.